The Diploma in Engineering (Aerospace) will replace the Diploma in Technology (Aerospace). The course can be completed in 2.5 years on a part-time basis.
Under a revised framework, the new diploma aims to provide greater accessibility for working adults through:
- Reduced course duration
- Modular qualification structure
- Increased mobility between academic and competency-based systems
- Learning platforms that are adult-learner centric
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Working adults who wish to upgrade themselves and to add value to their jobs. This will, in turn, raise the productivity level of Singapore's workforce.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants with the following qualifications are invited to apply for the course:
a. Minimum 3 relevant GCE ‘O’ level passes in the following subjects with at least 3 years of relevant working experience:English Grades 1-7Mathematics Grades 1-6Science (Physics, Chemistry or Biology) OR Design & Technology Grades 1-6
b. NITEC ≥ GPA 3.5 with at least 2 years of relevant working experience.
c. NITEC in Technology/Services with GPA ≥ 3.5 and with at least 2 years of relevant working experience AND successful completion of the Bridging Programme offered by ITE.
d. Higher NITEC with at least 1 year of relevant working experience.
e. Higher NITEC in Technology/Services with at least 1 year of relevant working experience AND successful completion of Bridging Programme offered by ITE.
f. Relevant WSQ Diploma qualification (By sector, programme &/or level-bridging course may be required), with relevant working experience AND WPLN accepted at Level ≥ 6 in lieu of "O" levels English & Mathematics.
Applicants who do not meet the pre-requisite subject grades of relevent qualifications but are assessed by Ngee Ann Polytechnic as potentially suitable candidates may, at the discretion of the Polytechnic, be considered for entrance tests.
This new CET Diploma comprises five 180-hour Modular Certificates (MCs). A Certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of each MC. Each MC comprises two to four modules, and focuses on a specific area of expertise that will enable the participant to acquire the knowledge and ability to perform a job function better.
The five modular certificates are:
1. Certificate in Aviation Fundamentals
- Aerospace Fundamentals
- Flight Mechanics
- Aerospace Maintenance Practices
2. Certificate in Aircraft Electrical & Avionics System
- Basic Electricity and Electronics
- Aircraft Electrical Systems
- Avionics Theory & Systems
3. Certificate in Aerospace Design & Processes
- Aerospace Materials and Processes
- Airworthiness Legislation and Quality Systems
- Aerospace Computer Aided Design
4. Certificate in Aircraft Propulsion Systems
- Mechanics of Fluid
- Propulsion Fundamentals
- Aircraft Propulsion Systems
5. Certificate in Aircraft Structures & Systems
- Aircraft Structures and Mechanics
- Aircraft Systems
- Aircraft Environment & Auxiliary Systems
Note: The modules above are subject to changes.
Assessment includes examinations and continuous assessments.
Upon completion of five Certificates within a five-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Diploma qualification from Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
CET Qualification Award (CQA): All subsidised part-time Singaporean students who graduate from their first full diploma qualification from 1 March 2011 will receive a CQA of S$1,000 upon graduation, as long as it is a higher qualification than other full qualifications that the students had attained previously.
Course Leader Name :
Mr Liu Kok Sung
School of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Division
The relevant documents to be submitted to CET Academy include:
1. Photocopies (both sides) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs; and Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit for foreign applications. Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of commencement of the course, otherwise an original company letter stating that the employer will extend the work pass is required.
2. One passport size photograph.
3. Photocopies of academic certificates with detailed transcripts for English, Mathematics and Science / ES WSQ WPLN qualifications. For notary certified true copies for certificates not in English, translation is available at respective embassies or the Supreme Court (tel: 63360644). Notarial translation is not required for Malaysian SPM and STPM qualifications.
4. Original company letter stating designation, job description and years of service. The letter should be signed off, and should include the contact details of the signatory.
5. Curriculum vitae / resume stating employment history, job titles and job description of all employment.
6. Application Checklist (to be downloaded and completed for submission - compulsory)
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Blk 56 #01-04,
535, Clementi Road
Note: Selected applicants may be offered a placement to another Modular Certificate instead, depending on the vacancies in the MCs
Have queries? You may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions at: http://www.np.edu.sg/cet/courses/Pages/dipFAQ.aspx