This course has the leadership equivalent of the Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (SDECCE) and is also accredited by the Early Childhood Training Accreditation Committee (ECTAC). The course serves to meet the needs of pre-school teachers for the next stage of their professional development, to take on leadership positions in the field or other related career advancements.
The Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education - Leadership comprises three Post-Diploma Certificate courses and can be completed in 1.5 years on a part-time basis.
Learners who aspire to be leaders of pre-schools will be equipped with knowledge of the principles of quality early childhood education and a range of practical skills and abilities for effective school management, administration and professional leadership. Learners will also develop the disposition for evidence-based practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Pre-school teaching practitioners who have the interest to deepen their knowledge and skills and aspire to be leaders and advocates in the field.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Practitioners who had a local full-time Polytechnic Diploma or a Degree from a recognised University in other disciplines; AND ONLY with
- Successful completion of any of the following qualifications will candidates qualify for entry:
a) Advanced Diploma in Kindergarten Education-Teaching (ADKET) or now renamed as Diploma (Conversion) in Kindergarten Education - Teaching (DCKET);
b) WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education (Child Care) (WSQ-PDECCE (CC));
c) Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education - Teaching (DECCET);
* Note : Candidates need to have credit in "O" level English, or the medium of instruction for the Degree must be in English.
The following Diploma holders are eligible for direct entry to the programme:
Diploma in Child Psychology & Early Education (from Ngee Ann Poly) or the Diploma in Early Childhood Studies (from Temasek Poly).
The new CET Post-Diploma (660 hours in total) comprises three Certificates (180-260 hours each) to be taken in sequential order as the overall curriculum is designed to build up to higher level of difficulty by the final semester.
The three Certificates are:
Post-Diploma Certificate in Curriculum Design (Semester 1)Professional Development for Leaders (60 hours) Developmentally Appropriate Learning Environments (60 hours) Leadership in Curriculum Design (100 hours)Post-Diploma Certificate in Preschool Management (Semester 2)Managing an Early Childhood Centre (60 hours) Administration in Early Childhood Settings (60 hours) Supervision and Mentoring (60 hours)Post-Diploma Certificate in Field Practice and Research (Semester 3)Teacher as Researcher (60 hours) Supervised Leadership Practicum (200 hours)
Assessment will be by continuous assessments, practicums and projects.
Certificate of Completion will be awarded upon successful completion of each Post-Diploma Certificate course.
Graduates will be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education - Leadership by Ngee Ann Polytechnic upon completion of the three Certificates.
Please note that you will need to achieve either a minimum band of 6.5 in IELTS or a B4 in the GCE “O” level EL1 examination in order to be granted teacher certification status by MOE/MCYS.
Course Leader Name :
School of Humanities & Social Sciences
The Trainers have at least 10 years of experience as practitioners in early childhood education, or formal education and early childhood related fields. They have either Master’s degree, PhD or EdD qualifications and have done research works in the field. They would also have at least 5 years of training experience in tertiary institutions and have credible track records with Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
Relevant supporting documents to be submitted to CET Academy include:
1. Photocopy of academic certificates with detail transcripts (notary certified true copies for certificates not in English). Notarial translation is available at respective embassies or the Supreme Court (tel: 63360644).
2. Photocopies (both sides) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs; and Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit for foreign applications. Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of commencement of the course, otherwise an original company letter stating that the employer will extend the work pass is required.
3. Photocopy of Letter of Notification of Categories of Teachers from MCYS/MOE (where applicable).
4. Original company letter stating designation, job description and years of service.
Application checklist (downloadable from this website) together with the documents can be sent by mail, or deposit into the Document Drop Box of CET Academy.
Kindly indicate your Applicant ID, Application No, Name, Course which you are applying for.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
CET Academy Blk 56 #01-04,
535, Clementi Road Singapore 599489
Have queries? You may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions at: http://www.np.edu.sg/cet/help/faq/Pages/postdip.aspx