The WSQ Graduate Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (GCWSH) qualification is designed for individuals who are keen to join the Workplace Safety and Health profession as WSH Auditors. The GCWSH is one of the four qualifications under the WSH Professionals WSQ and is the only qualification recognized for registration as a WSH Auditor under the Workplace Safety and Health Act
This course aims to train personnel to become a WSH Auditor. It will equip learners with the skills and knowledge to evaluate WSH systems and performance either as a third party to the company or within a company.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course will be relevant to WSH Auditor, WSH Advisor or WSH Consultant. Preference will be given to current practising WSH Officers seeking to upgrade skills and knowledge.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. A recognised WSH degree qualification for WSHO registration with MOM(1); AND
2. At least 2 years of post-WSH qualification working experience as a WSH officer or similar occupational role
1. Technology/ Science-related/ Engineering diploma/degree; AND
2. WSQ Specialist Diploma in WSH qualification (Level C); AND
3. At least 2 years of post-WSH qualification working experience as a WSH officer or similar occupational role
1. GCE “O” Level English & Mathematics grade B4 or ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 7; AND
2. WSQ Specialist Diploma in WSH qualification (Level C); AND At least 2 years of post-WSH qualification working experience as a WSH officer or equivalent
(1) A recognized WSH degree qualification for WSHO registration with MOM includes:
Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Degree conferred by the University of Newcastle, Australia
Master of Science in Safety, Health and Environmental Technology conferred by National University of Singapore
Bachelor of Science (Health and Safety) conferred by the Curtin University of Technology (Australia) – Singapore Campus
Bachelor of Science in Human Factor in Safety conferred by the SIM University (UniSIM)
Students must complete the following modules:
1.Manage WSH Audit Programme
2.Advise on WSH Legal Requirements and Good Practices
3.Apply Risk Assessment Methodologies in WSH Process
4.Recommend Continual Improvement to WSH Management System
5.Conduct A WSH Culture Assessment
6.Conduct WSH Management System Audit
7.Apply WSH Operational Excellence
Students may receive exemptions if they have completed the following module(s):
|Prior Competency Unit Completed (Code & Title)|| Current Competency Unit (Code & Title) (Code & Title)|
|WP-PR-601C-1 Manage WSH Audit Programme ||WP02-PR-601C-1 Manage WSH Audit Programme |
| WP-PR-602C-1 Advise on WSH Legal Requirements and Good Practices || WP02-PR-602C-1 Advise on WSH Legal Requirements and Good Practices |
| WP-IC-601C-1 Recommend continual improvement to WSH management system || WP02-IC-601C-1 Recommend Continual Improvement to WSH Management System |
|WP-CA-601C-1 Conduct WSH Management System Audit || WP02-CA-601C-1 Conduct WSH Management System Audit |
| WP-IC-604E-1 Apply Risk Assessment Tools in WSH Process || WP02-IC-602C-1 Apply Risk Assessment Methodologies in WSH Process |
| WP-IC-602E-1 Apply WSH Operational Excellence || WP02-IC-603E-1 Apply WSH Operational Excellence |
To receive the respective exemptions, all participants MUST produce their original WSQ SOA / transcript / certificate(s) for verification. No SOA will be issued for modules which participants had received exemption(s).
Written tests, continuous assessments and project work.
Participants will be awarded the WSQ Graduate Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health if they meet the 75% attendance rate as well as certified to be competent through all assessments required by the course.
Relevant supporting documents to be submitted to CET Academy by _____ (Date) include:
1. Photocopy (both sides) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, and “Employment” or “S” Pass for foreign applicants
2. Copies of your academic certificate / result slip / transcript (notary certified for transcripts not in English)*
3. A copy of GCE "O" and "A" Level certificate, Diploma, Degree, WPLN SOA where applicable
4. Copies of certificates of training in WSH or other related areas attended
5. Letter from current employer with designation, job description and duration of employment (compulsory, even if self-sponsored)
6. Complete curriculum vitae (CV) including current and all past jobs with designation, employer (company), duration of employment and job description (compulsory). Applicant should highlight employment information related / pertaining to relevant WSH
7. GCWSH Checklist (download and complete fully for submission – compulsory)
* Notary certified true copies if the document is not in English. Notarial translation is available at respective embassies or the Supreme Court (tel: 63360644)
Documents must be sent via email in one PDF format to: [email protected] In the “subject line”, please state your name, course applied for (E.g. GCWSH Run xx).
IMPORTANT: Your supporting documents must be received by application end date. Applications without any of the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Ngee Ann Polytechnic regrets that we will not be able to inform individual applicants of incomplete documentation.